Parkinson Exercise and Movement Classes –
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery, Walnut Creek. Mondays 9:30-10:45 am at Grace Presbyterian Church, Oak Room. Price: $15 per class for mobile PDers. Contact Petra Fibrichova at (510) 520-4523.
- Exercise Class, Walnut Creek. Thursdays 9:30–10:45 am. Therapeutic Yoga and Movement Strategies, Grace Presbyterian Church, Oak Room. Fee $15 per class for mobile PDers. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or email@example.com .
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays 1-2:30 pm, Congregation B’nai Tikvah, 25 Hillcroft Way, Walnut Creek. $10/class- no charge for care partners. http://www.dancemovesme.com. Debbie Sternbach (510) 653-8362.
- Rock Steady Boxing – East Bay: Fighting back against Parkinsons Disease. Monday through Saturday, offering 8 classes a week. 1990 Olivera Road, Suite D, Concord. Individual assessments must be completed prior to taking a class. Call Coach Lori Santo at 925-785-1272 to schedule a personal assessment and to discuss payments plans. www.rocksteadyboxingeastbay.com.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Danville: Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30 – 2 pm at Danville Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, and Kick-boxing, 542 San Ramon Valley Blvd., Danville. Contact Coach Daniel Burkhardt, 925-471-5432, for details.
- Alexander Technique Group Class: 4-week classes, Fridays, 11am – noon. Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena at 917-806-7929 or email at lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com.
Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s
This was shot at our October 15th 2017 meeting as the group on stage performed for the audience. These are movements done in a chair so falling is much less of an issue as you go through the routine.
This video was shot and edited by Richard Cox who does a lot of work with Debbie. He also has Parkinson’s Disease. Nicely done! More videos to come from Debbie and her classes.
Here is another movement video provided by Debbie Sternbach and Woodrow Thompson. It features some of the Walnut Creek students! This is a warm up video that is used before a Dance Moves Me class but can also be done at home. Play the video and get moving!
This is another Richard Cox video.