Classes for Parkinson’s
- PD Fit Club: In-person exercise class, Monday, 10 am – 11:15 am, Oak Room, Grace Presbyterian Church, 2100 Tice Valley Blvd, Walnut Creek. (Bring your mat.)
Online PD Fit Club: Tuesday, 11:00 am -12:15 pm
Online “Move and Groove” Chair Exercise Class: Tuesday, 12:30 am – 1:30 pm.
Gentle Yoga: Wednesday and Friday online. $15 per class.
Led by Petra Fibrichova. Contact Petra at (510) 520-4523, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Better Balance: Online classes Monday 1:15 -2 pm, Tuesday, 10-10:45 am.
Petra Fibrichova, email@example.com; Jodi Barry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yoga: Online class, Thursday, 10 – 11 am. Contact Jodi Barry, email@example.com.
- LOUD Crowd®: Speech practice for people who have completed a 4-week SPEAK OUT® program, developed by the Parkinson Voice Project https://www.parkinsonvoiceproject.org/. Sarah Talach offers two virtual sessions per week at no cost. Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (925) 232-1868.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Danville: In-Person: Tuesday, Thursday 12:30-2 pm
On-Line: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 10-11:30 am.
Contact Coach Daniel Burkhardt, 925-471-5432, email@example.com.
- Rock Steady Boxing – 680: Monday-Friday, 10:30 – 12 (Zoom). Contact Lori Santo,
408-823-0567, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Dance for Parkinson’s with Diablo Ballet: Check website for classes and times. https://diabloballet.org/school/adult-classes/ Contact Lauren Jonas, 925-943-1775 x3, Lauren@diabloballet.org.
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays 1-2 pm, on Zoom. Classes are free of charge. http://www.dancemovesme.com/. Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Parkinson’s & the Art of Moving – The John Argue Method: Fridays, 1-2 pm on Zoom. Classes are free of charge. http://www.dancemovesme.com/ Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362. Email email@example.com.
- Alexander Technique Group Class: 4-week classes. Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or email at lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com.
- Improvisation for Parkinson’s: Robert Cochrane leads classes for people with PD, care partners, family/friends who want to learn a little more about PD in fun, playful sessions No charge.
Jam for Joy: Drop-in sessions on Tuesday from 10 – 11 am.
Curriculum class: Eight sessions over 4 weeks – Tuesdays and Fridays from 11:30a m-12:30 pm. Current session is May 10 – June 3. Register for either group at https://www.yesandexercise.com/book-online.
Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s
This was shot at our October 15th 2017 meeting as the group on stage performed for the audience. These are movements done in a chair so falling is much less of an issue as you go through the routine.
This video was shot and edited by Richard Cox who does a lot of work with Debbie. He also has Parkinson’s Disease. Nicely done! More videos to come from Debbie and her classes.
Here is a movement video provided by Debbie Sternbach and Woodrow Thompson. It features some of the Walnut Creek students! This is a warm up video that is used before a Dance Moves Me class but can also be done at home. Play the video and get moving!
This is a Richard Cox video.