Classes for Parkinson’s
- PD Fit Club: In-person exercise class, Monday, 10 am – 11:15 am, Oak Room, Grace Presbyterian Church, 2100 Tice Valley Blvd, Walnut Creek. (Bring your mat.) $15-$20.
Yoga for Parkinson’s: In-person class, Wednesday, 1:30-2:45 pm, starting April 12,
Oak Room. $20 drop-in, $120 per month for both Monday and Wednesday classes.
Link to Petra’s Video
Online PD Fit Club: Tuesday, 11:00 am -12:15 pm. Free – sponsored by PDActive.
Online “Move and Groove” Chair Exercise Class: Tues. 12:30 – 1:30 pm. Free.
Online Gentle Yoga: Wed. 10-11 am and Fri. 10:30-11:30 am. $15 per class.
Led by Petra Fibrichova. Contact Petra at (510) 520-4523, email@example.com.
- Yoga: Online class, Thursday, 10 – 11 am. Contact Jodi Barry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LOUD Crowd®: Speech practice for people who have completed a 4-week SPEAK OUT® program, developed by the Parkinson Voice Project https://www.parkinsonvoiceproject.org/. Sarah Talach offers one virtual LOUD Crowd® on Tuesdays at 1pm at no cost. Contact Sarah at email@example.com or (925) 232-1868 with any questions.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Danville: In-Person: Tuesday, Thursday 12:30-2 pm
On-Line: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 10-11:30 am.
Contact Coach Daniel Burkhardt, 925-471-5432, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rock Steady Boxing – 680: Online Monday-Friday, 10:30 – 12. Modified class Tues, Fri 9-10 am. Individual training available. Contact Lori Santo, 408-823-0567, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dance for Parkinson’s with Diablo Ballet: Check website for classes, times, and locations. https://diabloballet.org/school/adaptiveclasses/ Contact email@example.com with questions. Classes are Sundays, 1:15-2:15 pm in Pleasant Hill. Classes are free through a grant from the Parkinson’s Foundation.
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays 1-2 pm, on Zoom. Classes are free of charge. http://www.dancemovesme.com/. Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Parkinson’s & the Art of Moving – The John Argue Method: Fridays, 1-2 pm on Zoom. Classes are free of charge. http://www.dancemovesme.com/ Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362. Email email@example.com.
- Alexander Technique Group Class: 4-week classes. Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or email at lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com.
- Improvisation for Parkinson’s: Robert Cochrane, PhD, is a leading researcher on the effect of improvisation and storytelling on Parkinson’s disease. He offers weekly drop-in improvisation (“Jam for Joy”) for people with PD, care partners and family/friends. Outcomes include improvements in confidence, creativity and communication. Online Drop-in sessions on Tuesday from 10 – 11 am.
Yes, And..eXercise! – In-person classes, Wednesdays, 10-11:30 am in the Oak Room at Grace Presbyterian Church. Register online using this Google form: https://forms.gle/Aya1eGAo53fkxYMh7
Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s
This was shot at our October 15th 2017 meeting as the group on stage performed for the audience. These are movements done in a chair so falling is much less of an issue as you go through the routine.
This video was shot and edited by Richard Cox who does a lot of work with Debbie. He also has Parkinson’s Disease. Nicely done! More videos to come from Debbie and her classes.
Here is a movement video provided by Debbie Sternbach and Woodrow Thompson. It features some of the Walnut Creek students! This is a warm up video that is used before a Dance Moves Me class but can also be done at home. Play the video and get moving!
This is a Richard Cox video.