We are the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s disease in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. We fulfill this mission through monthly support groups for PDers and caregivers; therapeutic yoga, exercise, and movement classes; monthly expert speakers on PD research and treatment; the Shaky Times monthly newsletter; the Tremble Clefs choral group; a weekly walking group; and an extensive library of books, journals, and pamphlets on PD. Become a member today! Click this link to join! If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210.
Co-Presidents Howard Zalkin and Lance Gershen
- Group Support meetings – Walnut Creek Branch at Grace Presbyterian Church. 2100 Tice Valley Blvd. Walnut Creek. 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. on the third Saturday of every month. Meetings are geared to all those living with Parkinson’s. Programs consist of guest speakers, open discussion and often Caregiver-Caregiver and Parkinsonian-Parkinsonian separate breakout groups.
- Group Support meetings – Pleasanton Branch. Our sister affiliate group. Meets second Saturday of every month, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Meetings are at the Pleasanton Senior Center 5353 Sunol Blvd. Pleasanton. For more information or directions call Norman Bardsley 925 831 9940.
- Shaky Times Monthly Newsletter–Free subscription to all members.
- Lending Library – Check out helpful books or take free booklets and pamphlets. Available at our monthly meetings.
- Tremble Clefs: Meets on Thursdays. Singing and performing group. All are welcome – you don’t need to be a good singer to join. Call Michael Grupp at 925-451-3389.
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Support Group – Call Art Fowler 925 314 1875.
Parkinson Exercise and Movement Classes –
- PD Boot Camp, Walnut Creek. Mondays 10:00 to 11:30 at Grace Presbyterian Church’s Oak Room. Price: $15 per class for mobile pders. Contact Carol Fisher at 925 566 4181. http://innerkeyyoga.com.
- Exercise Classes, Walnut Creek. Two separate classes of Therapeutic Yoga and Movement Strategies at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2100 Tice Valley Blvd. Fee $15 per class. Call RYT Carol Fisher at 925 566 4181. http://innerkeyyoga.com . (1) For mobile PDers: Thursdays 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. (2) For those using walkers or wheelchairs: Thurs 10:45 to noon.
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays 1-2:30 pm, Congregation B’nai Tikvah, 25 Hillcroft Way, Walnut Creek. $10/class- no charge for care partners. http://www.dancemovesme.com Debbie Sternbach (510) 653-8362.