We are the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s disease in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. We fulfill this mission through monthly support groups for PDers and caregivers; therapeutic yoga, exercise, and movement classes; monthly expert speakers on PD research and treatment; the Shaky Times monthly newsletter; the Tremble Clefs choral group; a weekly walking group; and an extensive library of books, journals, and pamphlets on PD. Become a member today! Click this link to join! If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210.
Co-Presidents: Abraham Raja and Lance Gershen
- Group Support meetings – Walnut Creek Branch at Grace Presbyterian Church. 2100 Tice Valley Blvd. Walnut Creek. 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. on the third Saturday of every month. Meetings are geared to all those living with Parkinson’s. Programs consist of guest speakers, open discussion and often Caregiver-Caregiver and Parkinsonian-Parkinsonian separate breakout groups.
- Group Support meetings – Pleasanton Branch. Our sister affiliate group. Meets second Saturday of every month, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Meetings are at the Pleasanton Senior Center 5353 Sunol Blvd. Pleasanton. For more information or directions call Norman Bardsley 925 831 9940.
- Shaky Times Monthly Newsletter–Free subscription to all members. The print version is mailed to all members and the online version is both emailed and available here on the website.
- Lending Library – Check out helpful books regarding Parkinson’s and caregiving or take free booklets and pamphlets. Available at our monthly meetings.
- Tremble Clefs: Meets on Thursdays. Singing and performing group. All are welcome – you don’t need to be a good singer to join. Call Michael Grupp at 925-451-3389.
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Support Group – Call Art Fowler 925 314 1875.
Parkinson Exercise and Movement Classes –
- PD Boot Camp, Walnut Creek. Mondays 9:30 to 11:00 at Grace Presbyterian Church’s Oak Room. Price: $15 per class for mobile pders. Contact Murthy Jarugumilli via email at <email@example.com> .
- Exercise Classes, Walnut Creek. Two separate classes of Therapeutic Yoga and Movement Strategies at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2100 Tice Valley Blvd. Fee $15 per class. Call RYT Carol Fisher at 925 566 4181. http://innerkeyyoga.com. (1) For mobile PDers: Thursdays 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. (2) For those using walkers or wheelchairs: Thurs 10:45 to noon.
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays 1-2:30 pm, Congregation B’nai Tikvah, 25 Hillcroft Way, Walnut Creek. $10/class- no charge for care partners. http://www.dancemovesme.com Debbie Sternbach (510) 653-8362.
- Rock Steady Boxing – East Bay: Fighting back against Parkinsons Disease. Monday through Saturday, offering 8 classes a week. 1990 Olivera Road, Suite D. Individual assessments must be completed prior to taking a class. Call Coach Jimmy at 925-785-1272 to schedule a personal assessment and to discuss payments plans. www.rocksteadyboxingeastbay.com