The mission of the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo is to provide information, resources, and social interaction to support people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregiving community.
Meetings and Activities
Due to the continuing pandemic, in-person meetings and classes are suspended. We are producing monthly recorded programs as well as live-streamed Lunch and Learn programs. See information below for online exercise and activity classes, as well as support groups. All of our recorded content is available on our YouTube channel. Sample the content and subscribe!
The buttons below link to individual playlists –
Multiple videos to keep you updated on important developments, resources and human stories in managing Parkinson’s Disease:
📌 Quick tour of how to treat PD with lifestyle choices.
📌 How to treat PD with lifestyle choices – this is the full presentation.
📌 Myths spread so quickly. Learn to dispel some the big ones about PD.
📌 Think about going “big” and “loud to keep PD at bay.
📌 Alan Watts tells a powerful tale. Thought provoking.
📌 Listen to some inspiration. Is PD only skin deep?
For links to previous recorded programs, see the Meetings page.
The Shaky Times Newsletter
- Perspectives on Parkinson’s, Part III: Long-term Impact of COVID-19
- Exercise and Parkinson’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease: The Catch-22 Disease
- Environmental Factors in PD: Dangerous Chemicals
- Low Frequency DBS May Help Parkinson’s Patients with Walking
October Lunch and Learn Program:
Wednesday, Oct 20 – 12-1 pm
Topic: Memory and Parkinson’s Disease
Speaker: Mary Cochran Abraham, NP
Kaiser Memory Center
Zoom meeting links will be sent in a PNMD email. If you are not on our mailing list, please request the link by sending an email to email@example.com.
Support Group Meetings on Zoom
Although we cannot gather in person, we have organized Support Group meetings on Zoom so that we can connect with one another.
Women with Parkinson’s – first Saturday
Men with Parkinson’s – small groups – various times
Caregivers – third Saturday
Tri-Valley Chapter -first and third Wednesdays
Contact information for these groups on the Meetings page.
Parkinson Exercise, Movement, Communication Classes
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery – Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Gentle Yoga – Wednesday. Contact Petra Fibrichova at 510-520-4523, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yoga and Meditation Yoga on Thursdays 10-11 am. Free meditation on Friday, 10:30 – 11 am. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or email@example.com.
- Communication Group: Wednesday, 1-1:30 pm. Contact Sarah Talach, 925-232-1868, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Varied days and times. Locate a class
- Alexander Technique Group Class: Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com. (On hiatus)
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays, 3-4 pm on Zoom.
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362, email@example.com.
- Parkinson’s & the Art of Moving – The John Argue Method: Fridays, 3-4 pm
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improv to Improve Parkinson’s Disease: Monday and Friday, 2-3 pm. Contact Robert Cochrane, email@example.com, 702-575-8841.
Become a member today or renew your membership! Click on this link to join or renew online!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for emails or re-subscribe to emails from the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo, Click Here
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 3127, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-0127