We are the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo. Our mission is to provide information, resources, and social interaction to support people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregiving community. We fulfill this mission through monthly support groups for people with PD and caregivers; therapeutic yoga, exercise, and movement classes; monthly expert speakers on PD research and treatment; the Shaky Times monthly newsletter; the Tremble Clefs choral group; and an extensive library of books, journals, and pamphlets on PD.
Meetings and Activities
Due to the continuing pandemic, in-person meetings and classes are suspended. We are producing monthly recorded programs as well as live-streamed Lunch and Learn programs. See information below for online exercise and activity classes, as well as support groups. All of our recorded content is available on our YouTube channel. Sample the content and subscribe!
January Lunch and Learn Program:
Wednesday, January 13 – 12-1 pm
Speaker: Caroline Racine Belkoura, PhD
Topic: Managing Stress during COVID Times
UCSF Associate Professor in Neurological Surgery,
Clinical Neuropsychologist at the Movement Disorder and Neuromodulation Center
Zoom meeting links will be sent in a PNMD email. If you are not on our mailing list, please request the link by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Shaky Times Newsletter
- Shared Identity in a Pandemic
- PNMD Coming Together over PD and COVID-19
- Upcoming programs, Support groups, Exercise classes
- 2021 Membership campaign
Our virtual program includes:
- Best of the Web: Nonmotor symptoms of PD
- Understanding sleep disturbances
- Movement tips for managing PD
- Canine companions: Do you need a dog?
- Personal PD journey
- Music coda: Take shelter from the storm
For links to previous recorded programs, see the Meetings page.
Support Group Meetings on Zoom
Although we cannot gather in person, we have organized Support Group meetings on Zoom so that we can connect with one another.
Women with Parkinson’s – first Saturday
Men with Parkinson’s – small groups – various times
Caregivers – third Saturday
Tri-Valley Chapter -first and third Wednesdays
Contact information for these groups on the Meetings page.
Parkinson Exercise, Movement, Communication Classes
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery – Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Gentle Yoga – Wednesday. Contact Petra Fibrichova at 510-520-4523, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yoga and Meditation Yoga on Thursdays 10-11 am. Free meditation on Friday, 10:30 – 11 am. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or email@example.com.
- Communication Group: Wednesday, 1-1:30 pm. Contact Sarah Talach, 209-404-8824, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Varied days and times. Locate a class
- Alexander Technique Group Class: Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com. (On hiatus)
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s:
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362. (On hiatus)
- Improv to Improve Parkinson’s Disease: Monday and Friday, 2-3 pm. Contact Robert Cochrane, email@example.com, 702-575-8841.
Become a member today or renew your membership! Click on this link to join or renew online!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for emails or re-subscribe to emails from the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo, Click Here
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 3127, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-0127