The mission of the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo is to provide information, resources, and social interaction to support people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregiving community.
Meetings and Activities
Due to the continuing pandemic, in-person meetings and classes are suspended. We are producing monthly recorded programs as well as live-streamed Lunch and Learn programs. See information below for online exercise and activity classes, as well as support groups. All of our recorded content is available on our YouTube channel. Sample the content and subscribe!
The buttons below link to individual playlists –
Multiple videos to keep you updated on important developments, resources and human stories in managing Parkinson’s Disease:
📌 Introduction to program by Bill Clinch.
📌 Explore valuable resources from Parkinson Movement Disorder Alliance including “Lunch with Docs.”
📌 Provoking & fascinating recent interview with Michael J Fox. Cranky and beyond. Learn about his sea turtle.
📌 Ask the MD. Simple advice on exercise.
📌 Parkinson’s expert Davis Phinney talks about power of affirmation, and the Zen of vacuuming.
📌 Judy’s story of living with PD, how DBS changed her life, and how to advocate for oneself. 📌 Parkinson’s Exercise Part 3 offers essential advice on developing goals, tracking progress. Greats series.
📌 Eremite : Expressive dance performance of Gilbert’s poem. Moving in more ways than one!
For links to previous recorded programs, see the Meetings page.
The Shaky Times Newsletter
- Farewell from the Editor
- Going Hybrid
- The Shining Virus
- Learning Guitar and PD
- Parkinson’s and Experiencing Art
- My PD Story
June Lunch and Learn Program:
Wednesday, June 16 – 12-1 pm
Topic: PD Avengers
Speaker: Tim Hague
Founding member of PD Avengers
Zoom meeting links will be sent in a PNMD email. If you are not on our mailing list, please request the link by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Group Meetings on Zoom
Although we cannot gather in person, we have organized Support Group meetings on Zoom so that we can connect with one another.
Women with Parkinson’s – first Saturday
Men with Parkinson’s – small groups – various times
Caregivers – third Saturday
Tri-Valley Chapter -first and third Wednesdays
Contact information for these groups on the Meetings page.
Parkinson Exercise, Movement, Communication Classes
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery – Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Gentle Yoga – Wednesday. Contact Petra Fibrichova at 510-520-4523, email@example.com.
- Yoga and Meditation Yoga on Thursdays 10-11 am. Free meditation on Friday, 10:30 – 11 am. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communication Group: Wednesday, 1-1:30 pm. Contact Sarah Talach, 925-232-1868, email@example.com.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Varied days and times. Locate a class
- Alexander Technique Group Class: Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com. (On hiatus)
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays, 3-4 pm on Zoom.
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parkinson’s & the Art of Moving – The John Argue Method: Fridays, 3-4 pm
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362, email@example.com
- Improv to Improve Parkinson’s Disease: Monday and Friday, 2-3 pm. Contact Robert Cochrane, firstname.lastname@example.org, 702-575-8841.
Become a member today or renew your membership! Click on this link to join or renew online!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210, or email email@example.com.
To sign up for emails or re-subscribe to emails from the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo, Click Here
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 3127, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-0127