We are the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo. Our mission is to provide information, resources, and social interaction to support people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregiving community. We fulfill this mission through monthly support groups for people with PD and caregivers; therapeutic yoga, exercise, and movement classes; monthly expert speakers on PD research and treatment; the Shaky Times monthly newsletter; the Tremble Clefs choral group; and an extensive library of books, journals, and pamphlets on PD.
Meetings and Activities
Due to the continuing ban on large group meetings, the monthly PNMD support group and general meetings are cancelled as well as in-person exercise, communication, dance, and singing groups. We will continue to produce recorded programs as well as live-streamed meetings. See the list below for online exercise and activity classes. All of our recorded content is available on our YouTube channel – just click:
If you like our channel, please subscribe!
Support Group Meetings on Zoom
Although we cannot gather in person, we are establishing Support Group meetings on Zoom so that we can connect with one another.
Women with Parkinson’s – first Saturday
Men with Parkinson’s – small groups – various times
Caregivers – third Saturday
Tri-Valley Chapter is organizing a support group
The Shaky Times Newsletter
- PNMD Virtual Support Meetings
- Keep Moving
- Aaron Daley, Coordinator of the UCSF Parkinson’s Center
October Recorded Program
- Parkinson’s Voice Project: How to preserve your voice
- AudAbility and MusicWorx: a music therapy approach for helping People with Parkinson’s
- History of the Parkinson’s Voice Project
For links to previous recorded programs, see the Meetings page.
Parkinson Exercise, Movement, Communication Classes
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery – Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Gentle Yoga – Wednesday. Contact Petra Fibrichova at 510-520-4523, email@example.com.
- Yoga and Meditation Yoga on Thursdays 10-11 am. Free meditation on Friday, 10:30 – 11 am. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communication Group: Wednesday, 1-1:30 pm. Contact Sarah Talach, 209-404-8824, email@example.com.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Varied days and times. Locate a class
- Alexander Technique Group Class: Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com.
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s:
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362.
- Improv to Improve Parkinson’s Disease: Monday and Friday, 2-3 pm. Contact Robert Cochrane, firstname.lastname@example.org, 702-575-8841.