The mission of the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo is to provide information, resources, and social interaction to support people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregiving community.
Meetings and Activities
Due to the continuing pandemic, in-person meetings and classes are suspended. We are producing monthly recorded programs as well as live-streamed Lunch and Learn programs. See information below for online exercise and activity classes, as well as support groups. All of our recorded content is available on our YouTube channel. Sample the content and subscribe!
The buttons below link to individual playlists –
Multiple videos to keep you updated on important developments, resources and human stories in managing Parkinson’s Disease:
📌 Quick summary of groundbreaking research on genetic treatments of Parkinson’s Disease: Creating new neurons.
📌 The full one-hour video presentation on creating new neurons.
📌 Take a break with these easy to do yet effective exercises.
📌 10 tips and tricks for managing PD. Husband and wide team share what they have learned.
📌 How to walk more normally. Don’t miss this.
📌 Steve Quam’s down to earth, but inspiring story of cycling across the country, and taking breaks to play the flute.
For links to previous recorded programs, see the Meetings page.
The Shaky Times Newsletter
- “Off” Times in Parkinson’s
- The Importance of Awareness
- Nutrition and Parkinson’s
- Progression of Parkinson’s Disease
- Gene Activity and Parkinson’s
- Eye Issues and Parkinson’s
November Lunch and Learn Program:
Wednesday, Nov 17 – 12-1 pm
Topic: Psilocybin for Depression and Anxiety in Parkinson’s Disease
Speaker: Dr. Ellen Bradley, UCSF
Zoom meeting links will be sent in a PNMD email. If you are not on our mailing list, please request the link by sending an email to email@example.com.
Support Group Meetings on Zoom
Although we cannot gather in person, we have organized Support Group meetings on Zoom so that we can connect with one another.
Women with Parkinson’s – first Saturday
Men with Parkinson’s – small groups – various times
Caregivers – third Saturday
Tri-Valley Chapter -first and third Tuesdays
Contact information for these groups on the Meetings page.
Parkinson Exercise, Movement, Communication Classes
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery – Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Gentle Yoga – Wednesday. Contact Petra Fibrichova at 510-520-4523, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yoga and Meditation Yoga on Thursdays 10-11 am. Free meditation on Friday, 10:30 – 11 am. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or email@example.com.
- Communication Group: Wednesday, 1-1:30 pm. Contact Sarah Talach, 925-232-1868, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Varied days and times. Locate a class
- Alexander Technique Group Class: Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com. (On hiatus)
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays, 3-4 pm on Zoom.
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362, email@example.com.
- Parkinson’s & the Art of Moving – The John Argue Method: Fridays, 3-4 pm
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improv to Improve Parkinson’s Disease: Monday and Friday, 2-3 pm. Contact Robert Cochrane, email@example.com, 702-575-8841.
Become a member today or renew your membership! Click on this link to join or renew online!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for emails or re-subscribe to emails from the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo, Click Here
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 3127, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-0127