We are the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo. Our mission is to provide information, resources, and social interaction to support people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregiving community. We fulfill this mission through monthly support groups for people with PD and caregivers; therapeutic yoga, exercise, and movement classes; monthly expert speakers on PD research and treatment; the Shaky Times monthly newsletter; the Tremble Clefs choral group; and an extensive library of books, journals, and pamphlets on PD. Become a member today!
Click this link to join! If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210, or email co-president, Abraham Raja at email@example.com.
Meetings and Activities for May
Due to the continuing ban on group meetings, the monthly PNMD support group and general meetings for May are concelled as well as exercise, communication, dance, and singing groups. As our April recorded program was a success, we will continue to produce recorded programs instead of the May and June general meetings. See the box below for online exercise and activity classes.
May Program Speakers:
- Lena Hart on Alexander Technique
- Dr. Gerred Popejoy on Nordic Pole Working
- Aaron Daley, UCSF, answering frequently asked questions
More details on these speakers on the Meetings Page
The April program featured Carol Fisher leading a yoga relaxation session and Heather Kennedy speaking about living with Parkinson’s. The recorded April program is available at this link: April Meeting Program
- Group Support meetings – Walnut Creek Branch at Grace Presbyterian Church. 2100 Tice Valley Blvd. Walnut Creek. 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. on the third Saturday of every month. Meetings are geared to all those living with Parkinson’s. Programs consist of guest speakers, open discussion, and breakout support groups for men with Parkinson’s, women with Parkinson’s, and caregivers.
- Group Support meetings – Tri-Valley Branch. Our affiliate group. Meets second Saturday of every month, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Meetings are at the Pleasanton Senior Center 5353 Sunol Blvd. Pleasanton. For more information or directions call Mary Behrendt at 925-989-0209 or Norman Bardsley at 925-831-9940.
- Shaky Times Monthly Newsletter–Free subscription to all members. The print version is mailed to all members and the online version is both emailed and available here on the website.
- Lending Library – Check out helpful books regarding Parkinson’s and caregiving or take free booklets and pamphlets. Available at our monthly meetings.
- Tremble Clefs: Meets on Thursdays. Singing and performing group. All are welcome – you don’t need to be a good singer to join. Contact April Wakeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Support Group – Call Gary Hevener at 925-937-4335.
Parkinson Exercise and Movement Classes –
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery, Walnut Creek. Mondays 9:30-10:45 am at Grace Presbyterian Church, Oak Room. Price: $15 per class for mobile PDers. Contact Petra Fibrichova at 510-520-4523.
- Exercise Classes, Walnut Creek. Thursdays 9:30 – 10:45 am. Therapeutic Yoga and Movement Strategies at Grace Presbyterian Church, Oak Room. Fee $15 per class for mobile PDers. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or email@example.com.
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s: Tuesdays 1-2:30 pm, Congregation B’nai Tikvah, 25 Hillcroft Way, Walnut Creek. $10/class- no charge for care partners.
Contact Debbie Sternbach, http://www.dancemovesme.com , 510-653-8362.
- Rock Steady Boxing – East Bay: Fighting back against Parkinsons Disease. Monday through Saturday, offering 8 classes a week. 1990 Olivera Road, Suite D, Concord. Individual assessments must be completed prior to taking a class. Call Coach Jimmy at 925-785-1272 to schedule a personal assessment and to discuss payments plans. www.rocksteadyboxingeastbay.com
- Rock Steady Boxing – Danville: Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30 – 2 pm at Danville Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, and Kick-boxing, 542 San Ramon Valley Blvd., Danville. Contact Coach Daniel Burkhardt, 925-471-5432, for details.
- Alexander Technique Group Class: 4-week classes, Wednesdays and Fridays, 11 am – noon. Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena at 917-806-7929 or email at lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com.
Become a member today or renew your membership! Click on this link to join or renew online!
To sign up for emails or resubscribe to emails from the Parkinson’s Network of Mt Diablo, Click Here