We are the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo. Our mission is to provide information, resources, and social interaction to support people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregiving community. We fulfill this mission through monthly support groups for people with PD and caregivers; therapeutic yoga, exercise, and movement classes; monthly expert speakers on PD research and treatment; the Shaky Times monthly newsletter; the Tremble Clefs choral group; and an extensive library of books, journals, and pamphlets on PD.
Meetings and Activities
Due to the continuing ban on large group meetings, the monthly PNMD support group and general meetings are cancelled as well as in-person exercise, communication, dance, and singing groups. We will continue to produce recorded programs as well as live-streamed meetings. See the list below for online exercise and activity classes. All of our recorded content is available on our YouTube channel – just click:
If you like our channel, please subscribe!
Support Group Meetings on Zoom
Although we cannot gather in person, we are establishing Support Group meetings on Zoom so that we can connect with one another.
Women with Parkinson’s – first Saturday
Men with Parkinson’s – small groups – various times
Caregivers – third Saturday
Tri-Valley Chapter -first and third Wednesdays
The Shaky Times Newsletter
- PNMD Spotlight on Sarah Talach
- Speech Therapy and Parkinson’s
- Events, Recommendations, and Volunteer Opportunities
November Lunch and Learn Program:
Kayla Ferguson of the Davis Phinney Foundation
Sidekicks is a creative arts program that connects the Parkinson’s community through the power of storytelling. Now in its third year, Sidekicks was created with a powerful purpose: help curb isolation commonly felt by people affected by Parkinson’s. Here is the complete Nov 18, 2020 “Lunch and Learn” program sponsored by the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo.
November Recorded Program
Topics to choose and enjoy or learn:
- How to boost brain power
- How to take levodopa for Parkinson’s and why
- Chair yoga and tai-chi workout
- Michael J. Fox’s 2018 interview: his fight
- The Weight – a rock coda
For links to previous recorded programs, see the Meetings page.
Parkinson Exercise, Movement, Communication Classes
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery – Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Gentle Yoga – Wednesday. Contact Petra Fibrichova at 510-520-4523, email@example.com.
- Yoga and Meditation Yoga on Thursdays 10-11 am. Free meditation on Friday, 10:30 – 11 am. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communication Group: Wednesday, 1-1:30 pm. Contact Sarah Talach, 209-404-8824, email@example.com.
- Rock Steady Boxing – Varied days and times. Locate a class
- Alexander Technique Group Class: Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com.
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s:
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362.
- Improv to Improve Parkinson’s Disease: Monday and Friday, 2-3 pm. Contact Robert Cochrane, firstname.lastname@example.org, 702-575-8841.
Become a member today or renew your membership! Click on this link to join or renew online!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210, or email email@example.com.
To sign up for emails or re-subscribe to emails from the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo, Click Here
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 3127, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-0127