We are the Parkinson Network of Mt. Diablo. Our mission is to provide information, resources, and social interaction to support people living with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregiving community. We fulfill this mission through monthly support groups for people with PD and caregivers; therapeutic yoga, exercise, and movement classes; monthly expert speakers on PD research and treatment; the Shaky Times monthly newsletter; the Tremble Clefs choral group; and an extensive library of books, journals, and pamphlets on PD. Become a member today!
Click this link to join! If you have any questions, please contact us at 925-939-4210, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings and Activities
Due to the continuing ban on large group meetings, the monthly PNMD support group and general meetings are cancelled as well as in-person exercise, communication, dance, and singing groups. We will continue to produce recorded programs instead of in-person general meetings until further notice. See the list below for online exercise and activity classes. All of our recorded content is available on our YouTube channel – just click:
If you like our channel, please subscribe!
Saturday, September 26, 2020 – Livestream Program
Managing the Return of Parkinson’s Symptoms
with a Unique Inhaled Treatment
Hear from a Healthcare Professional
Arshia Sadreddin, MD
Medical Director of Movement Disorders
The Shaky Times Newsletter
- Spotlight on Rick Stevens, PNMD President
- Parkinson’s. Humor and Laughter – Part 2
- Support Group Virtual Meetings
- Group Support meetings – Walnut Creek at Grace Presbyterian Church. 2100 Tice Valley Blvd. Walnut Creek. 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. on the third Saturday of every month. Meetings are geared to all those living with Parkinson’s. Programs consist of guest speakers, open discussion, and breakout support groups for men with Parkinson’s, women with Parkinson’s, and caregivers. (Suspended)
- Group Support meetings – Tri-Valley Branch. Meets second Saturday of every month, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Meetings are at the Pleasanton Senior Center, 5353 Sunol Blvd. Pleasanton. For more information, call Mary Behrendt at 925-989-0209. (Suspended)
- Shaky Times Monthly Newsletter–Free subscription to all members. The print version is mailed to members, the digital version is emailed and on the website.
- Library – Check out helpful books regarding Parkinson’s and caregiving or take free booklets and pamphlets. Available at our monthly meetings. Links to articles of interest on the Library page of the website.
- Tremble Clefs: Meets on Thursdays. Singing and performing group. All are welcome – you don’t need to be a good singer to join. Contact April Wakeman at email@example.com. (Suspended)
Parkinson Exercise, Movement, Communication Classes – most available online
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery – Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Gentle Yoga – Wednesday. Contact Petra Fibrichova at 510-520-4523, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yoga and Meditation Yoga on Thursdays 10-11 am. Free meditation on Friday, 10:30 – 11 am. Call Jodi Barry at 415-328-4123 or email@example.com.
- Dance Moves Me! for Parkinson’s:
Contact Debbie Sternbach, 510-653-8362.
- Rock Steady Boxing – East Bay: Fighting back against Parkinson’s Disease. Call Coach Jimmy Greninger at 925-785-1272 or firstname.lastname@example.org for class schedule. www.rocksteadyboxingeastbay.com
- Rock Steady Boxing – Danville: Contact Coach Daniel Burkhardt, 925-471-5432, for class schedule.
- Rock Steady Boxing – 680 Corridor: Day/time varied – contact Lori Santo,
- Alexander Technique Group Class: Working on improving balance, walking, sitting, standing, and performing activities with greater ease. Contact Lena Hart at 917-806-7929 or lessons@alexandertechinqueSFBayArea.com.
- Improv to Improve Parkinson’s Disease: Monday and Friday, 2-3 pm. Contact Robert Cochrane, email@example.com, 702-575-8841.
- Communication Group: Wednesday, 1-1:30 pm. Contact Sarah Talach, 209-404-8824, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a member today or renew your membership! Click on this link to join or renew online!
To sign up for emails or resubscribe to emails from the Parkinson’s Network of Mt Diablo, Click Here