Wednesday, December 16, 2020 – LiveStream Lunch & Learn – 12-1:00 pm
Speaker: Aaron Daley, UCSF
Zoom meeting links will be sent in a PNMD email
Support Group Meetings on Zoom
PNMD is happy to announce that although we cannot gather in person due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are establishing online Zoom Support Group meetings to connect with one another. For more information, contact the respective Zoom group facilitator with your interest and questions.
Women with Parkinsons – 1st Saturday, beginning Oct. 3
contact Alexa Donahoe, firstname.lastname@example.org, 925-597-5099
Men with Parkinsons – Call for times and groups
contact Derek Ransley, email@example.com, 925-944-0162
-Team A – Dennis Krauss – 2nd and 4th Saturday
-Team B – Mark Ouyang/Phil Hornig – 1st Saturday
Caregivers – 3rd Saturday, 9:30-11:00 am
contact Janice Ransley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 925-944-0162
or Jan Alioto, email@example.com, 925-672-7207
Tri-Valley – 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, 10 am
Support group for those with PD, family, and friends.
Contact Mary Behrendt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Recorded Programs
Davis Phinney Foundation Sidekicks Program
Speaker: Kayla Ferguson
- How to boost brain power
- How to take levodopa for Parkinson’s and why
- Chair yoga and tai-chi workout
- Michael J. Fox’s 2018 interview: his fight
- The Weight – a rock coda
How Parkinson’s Can Affect Speech, Swallowing and Voice
Speaker: Sarah Talach, Talach Speech Therapy, Inc.
- Parkinson’s Voice Project: How to preserve your voice
- AudAbility and MusicWorx: a music therapy approach for helping People with Parkinson’s
- History of the Parkinson’s Voice Project
- Michaela Lien: Exercises for People with Parkinson’s
- Linda Fodrini-Johnson, Eldercare:
Being Prepared in the time of COVID-19
- Alexander Technique: How to Sit Optimally
TOPAZ – Short Intro to a Parkinson’s Foundation clinical trial on bone health in Parkinson’s
- Carol Fisher: Gentle Yoga for Every Body
- Petra Fibrichova: Urban Pole Walking
- Lena Hart: Alexander Technique for People Living with PD
- Robert Cochrane on Improv to Improve Parkinson’s Disease
- Dr. Madan Kataria presents Laughter Yoga
- Sheryl Sandberg and Dr. Adam Grant: Resilience in a Crisis
- Dr. Rick Hanson, UC Berkeley: Being Resilient During Coronavirus
- Dr. Julia Allenyne, PMD Alliance: Practicing Wellness to Build Resilience
- Lena Hart on Alexander Technique
- Dr. Gerred Popejoy on Nordic Pole Working
- Aaron Daley, UCSF, answering frequently asked questions
- Carol Fisher leading a yoga relaxation exercise
- Heather Kennedy on Living with Parkinson’s
General Support Group – Walnut Creek (Suspended)
PNMD general support group meets on the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM until 12:00 noon at Grace Presbyterian Church, 2100 Tice Valley Blvd, Walnut Creek, CA 94595. Moderator is Bill Clinch. There is no charge, but membership is $50 per family per year.
FEEDBACK- Please give us your feedback from the meetings and the presentations. It helps determine content for future of PNMD events. Click on this link here- Feedback
9:00 to 10:15 a.m. – Three concurrent meetings:
- Men with Parkinson’s Disease meet in the Fireside Room at Grace Church. Contact person is Derek Ransley, 925-944-0162, email@example.com.
- Women with Parkinson’s Disease meet in the Library at Grace Church. Contact person is Rosemary Way, 925-476-5661, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Caregivers meet in the Sanctuary at Grace Church. Contact persons are Jan Alioto, 925-890-8937, email@example.com; Sara DeZerega, 925-377-1004, firstname.lastname@example.org; Janice Ransley, 925-944-0162, email@example.com.
10:15 to 10:45 – Refreshments in the Oak Room. The PNMD Library with books, flyers, and videos is open at this time. Please bring cut-up fruit or your favorite snack to share.
10:45 to 11:45 – Guest speaker.
Tri-Valley Support Group – Pleasanton (Suspended)
Tri-Valley support group meets on the second Saturday of the month, year-round, from 10 AM until 12:00 noon, at the Pleasanton Senior Center, 5353 Sunol Blvd., Pleasanton.
Facilitators are Mary Behrendt (925) 989-0209 and Norman Bardsley ((925) 831-9940.